How to Register
Application should be received on or before 7th February 2018, addressed to:
The George Keyt Foundation
c/o John Keells Holdings PLC
117, Sir Chittampalam A. Gardiner Mawatha
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO PARTICIPATION AT KALA POLA 2018
- Event – Kala Pola 2018 will be held on Sunday, 25th February 2018 from 8.00 a.m. to 9.00p.m. along Ananda Coomaraswamy Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Eligible works of art - Kala Pola is an open air art fair of paintings and sculpture. Therefore, visual creative art – such as paintings, collages, drawings, sculpture and carvings in any media are eligible for exhibition and sale. All other types of art including batiks, handicrafts, greeting cards and other mass produced work, tattoo and body art are strictly prohibited. There is no limit to the number of exhibits a participant can display so long as they can be contained within the stall space allocated.
- Eligible stallholders - Only practicing artists can participate. Third parties (e.g. agents or art dealers) are not eligible to participate.
- Registration - Participation is strictly by registration. Each participant must register with The George Keyt Foundation on or before 7th February 2018. Event registration form must be handed over or posted to The George Keyt Foundation together with a copy of the bank deposit receipt relating to the registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand) which should be deposited to the following bank account:
Account name: The George Keyt Foundation
Account number: 000160000716
Bank branch: Sampath Bank – Dharmapala Mawatha
- Stall allocation - The stall numbers will be allocated in the order of registration, that is, on a first-come-first-serve basis. There will be NO registrations accepted on the day of the event. Eligible applicants will receive a letter confirming registration which will also specify the registration number and stall number. Each registered artist will have ONE stall space and each stall space can be occupied by only one participant.
- Kala Pola catalogue – Each applicant must send a hard copy photograph of ONE of his/her own paintings or sculptures together with the registration form to be included in the Kala Pola catalogue on or before the 10th of February 2018. The catalogue will be made available to artists, invitees and visitors at the event. The photograph should be 8 x 4 inches with more than 250 pixel resolution.
- Security of works of art and personal effects - Each participant will be solely and fully responsible for his/her works of art, any display accessories and personal effects, including the transport of exhibits and display accessories to the site, their safety and sale at the event and their removal from the site after the event.
- Facilities– Participants will be provided only the stall space (marquee) and light bulb. Participants are responsible for their own facilities including items of furniture, means of display of artwork and their own meals/refreshments and water. We will endeavour to make available toilet facilities within reasonable distance. Participants should use these facilities with due care, having regard to good maintenance and other users of these facilities.
- Preclusions - At the site, the participants must refrain from:
- causing damage to public property including trees, grass, railings, lamp posts, pavement, etc.
- causing damage to any private property
- causing damage to the stall structure or fittings or publicity material of KALA POLA and of the John Keells Group
- littering the area
- behaving in an unruly manner or causing annoyance or disturbance to the public or other participants
- Feedback- All participants must complete the official feedback form before they vacate the stall.
- Handover of Stalls - All participants must vacate the area by 10.00 p.m. on Sunday 25th February 2018 ensuring the safe return of the stall (marquee) and light bulb allocated to them and any publicity material of KALA POLA or the John Keells Group displayed in the related stall space.